Anyone, including the selection committee, can nominate someone who meets the criteria below to be considered for selection. The maximum number of people that can be inducted in any year is 15.
Nominations should be sent to Drew Bright, c/o Douglas S. Freeman HS, 8701 Three Chopt Road, Henrico, VA 23229-4701. He will forward the nominations to Jim Sangston, chairman and non-voting member of the selection committee. Other members of the selection committee are to remain anonymous.
Nominations, if an athlete, must include the year of graduation from DSF, sports played, honors/championships won, and current contact information for the nominee and the nominator.
If nominating a coach or supporter include the years involved at Douglas Freeman, what their record or specific contribution was, current contact information if living, if deceased contact information for next of kin, and nominator contact information.
Criteria to be nominated
1) If the nominee was a student, they must have been out of school for at least 10 years.
2) The nominee must be a good citizen.
3) The nominee may be living or deceased.
4) Each nominee must have made a significant contribution to the Douglas Freeman athletic program.
5) Athletes nominated must have graduated from Douglas Freeman.
6) Supporters of Douglas Freeman athletics may be considered for induction at anytime.
7) Coaches must be retired from coaching to be considered.
8) Teams with a championship at least five years prior can be recognized.
9) Exceptions to the above criteria can be considered by the Selection Committee.